2021 Legal Update - June 3rd
The 2021 KBA Legal Updates will be brought to you this year via virtual live and On Demand seminars! In response to the continued concerns about COVID-19, we will offer this session in a virtual and digital format to provide our Kansas banks with the most affordable and flexible training with no travel expenses, and the ability to train your entire staff when it is most convenient for them! If you are an attorney needing CLE for this program, you will be required to register for one of the virtual programs. No CLE is available for OnDemand.
KBA’s EVP & Legal Department Director Terri Thomas, along with several of our Compliance and Legal team, will guide your staff through the latest legal updates and compliance changes. Morning sessions will focus on deposits, operations, BSA, HR and other issues, while the afternoon sesisons will focus on Lending changes. This allows you the flexibility to train your staff on just the areas that are needed for their roles and areas of focus within the bank.
Purchasing this On Demand webinar allows you to download the printed materials immediately and train all of your employees for one low price. Don’t miss out on the highly anticipated annual Legal Update seminars! The On Demand webinar recordings will be available June 11.
Topics of discussion include the latest developments involving:
• Fair Lending (ECOA, Fair Housing Act, HMDA and CRA)
• Truth in Lending Act
• Flood insurance
• Appraisals and evaluations
• Valid When Made Rules
• Disappearing LIBOR Index
• Protecting Tenants and Foreclosure Act
• Lending to Servicemembers
• Bankruptcy Changes
• Pandemic relief
• Bank Secrecy Act
• Truth in Savings
• Electronic Funds Transfer Act
• Expedited Funds Availability Act
• Financial Privacy
• Brokered Deposits
• IRS Tax Reporting
• IT and Vendor Management
• Human Resources
Plus a review of recently adopted state legislation and pertinent case law.
The 2021 Legal Update manual will be available electronically. All banks registered for the webinar will receive a link to download the manual.
CLE Credit pending.
Presenter - Terri Thomas
Terri is EVP and Director of the KBA’s Legal Department. With over 40 years of banking experience, Terri brings real world instruction delivered in an upbeat and relaxed style.
Registration Fees are based off of the Bank/Company Asset Size:
_____ $100 million or less: $450
_____ $101 million to $400 million: $650
_____ $401 million to $750 million: $850
_____ $751 million to $1 billion: $1,050
_____ Over $1 billion: $1,250
_____ Associate Members: $850
_____ Non-Members: $1,500
* Add $50 if registering after May 20.
• Registration fees are based off the bank/company asset size for all locations in Kansas.
• Registration fees are per bank/company, not individual.
• Please mark the appropriate asset size above which corresponds to your fi nancial institution.
• There is no limit on the number of people that can att end the virtual session from your fi nancial institution, however each attendee must be registered with info shown below. To register more than three att endees for a virtual session, please email Nicole Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you wish to only purchase the OnDemand version, only one name is required below.
• All banks that sign up to att end one of the virtual dates will automatically receive the OnDemand recordings.