Important Changes to How Bankers Do Business - JUNE 23
Notary Public and Power of Attorney Law Amendments
2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. CT
In April 2021, Governor Kelly signed two significant pieces of legislation into law that will affect all areas of your bank’s operations. The
first is the new Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts and the second is a set of amendments which make significant changes to the Kansas
Uniform Power of Attorney Act. Senate Bill 106-The Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts will accommodate changes in technology, as
well as help notaries understand the liabilities associated with the designation. Senate Bill 103- amending The Uniform Power of Attorney
Act is primarily in reaction to issues that have arisen with third parties refusing to accept powers of attorney. It will be important for bank
employees serving as notaries to understand the new requirements for being a notary. It will be equally important for all areas of the bank
to understand the new rules for accepting and rejecting powers of att orney in customer transactions.
Highlights of the webinar include:
First Hour- The New Kansas Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts
• The new definition of “personal appearance;”
• The process for performing remote notarization;
• The difference between tangible and electronic document notarization;
• New education and testing requirements;
• Increased amount of notarial bond;
• New journal and document retention requirements. Second Hour- Amendments to the Kansas Uniform Power of Attorney Act
• New model power of attorney form;
• New certification or opinion of counsel options;
• New liabilities for refusing to accept a power of attorney;
• Prohibitions on demanding alternative formats for a power of attorney.
Audience: Legal, compliance, deposit, lending, trust and operations personnel, as well as bank notaries, as well as their supervisors.
Speaker - Terri Thomas
Terri Thomas has over 37 years experience in the banking industry and has been a popular instructor for KBA on a variety of compliance and legal issues. You will enjoy Terri’s upbeat and relaxed teaching style.
Asset Size Live OnDemand Both
$50 mil & under ____ $175 ____ $215 ____ $315
$51 - $150 mil ____ $205 ____ $245 ____ $345
$151 - $250 mil ____ $235 ____ $275 ____ $375
$251 - $400 mil ____ $265 ____ $305 ____ $405
Over $400 mil ____ $295 ____ $345 ____ $445
Assoc. members ____ $295 ____ $345 ____ $445
Non-members ____ $495 ____ $545 ____ $645