2022 Legal Update - June 2
KBA's EVP/COO & Director of the Legal Department Terri Thomas, along with several of the KBA's Compliance and Legal team, will guide your staff through the latest legal updates and compliance changes.
The morning session will cover the Deposit/Operations sections.
The afternoon session will covering the Lending section.
This will allow you the flexibility to train your staff on just the areas that are needed for their roles and areas of focus within the bank. Purchasing the On Demand webinar allows you to download the materials immediately and train all of your employees for one low price. Don't miss out on the highly anticipated annual Legal Update seminars!
The 2022 Legal Update manual will be available electronically. All banks registered for the webinar will receive a link to download the manual. All banks attending the virtual session will receive the On Demand recording. Recordings will be available on June 17.
This program is approved for 4.50 CLE hours. Attorneys wishing to apply for CLE credits must attend either the June 2 or June 9 virtual session, and answer the polling questions that will be asked during the virtual session. No CLE credits will be given for viewing the On Demand recordings.
Topics of discussion include the latest developments involving:
• Bank Secrecy Act
• Truth in Savings
• Electronic Funds Transfer Act/NACHA Rules
• Brokered Deposits
• UDAAP, including Overdraft and Account Fee Litigation
• Cybersecurity, IT, and Vendor Management
• IRS Tax Reporting
• IRA/HSA Changes
• Human Resources
• Kansas Notary and Power of Attorney Changes
• Relevant Case Law Developments
• Fair Lending (ECOA, Fair Housing Act, HMDA, and CRA)
• Truth in Lending Act
• Flood Insurance
• Appraisals and Evaluations
• Secured Transactions
• Bankruptcy Changes
• Valid When Made/True Lending Doctrines
• Disappearing LIBOR Index
• Uniform Consumer Credit Code
• Relevant Case Law
Presenter - Terri Thomas
Terri is EVP/COO and Director of the KBA’s Legal Department. With over 40 years of banking experience, Terri brings real world instruction delivered in an upbeat and relaxed style.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys, Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Operations Personnel, CSRs
Registration Fees are based off of the Bank/Company Asset Size:
_____ $100 million or less: $450
_____ $101 million to $400 million: $650
_____ $401 million to $750 million: $850
_____ $751 million to $1 billion: $1,050
_____ Over $1 billion: $1,250
_____ Associate Members: $850
_____ Non-Members: $1,700
* Add $50 if registering after May 26.
• Registration fees are based off the bank/company asset size for all locations in Kansas.
• Registration fees are per bank/company, not individual.
• Please mark the appropriate asset size above which corresponds to your financial institution.
• There is no limit on the number of people that can attend the virtual session from your financial institution, however each attendee must be registered. To register additional attendees for a virtual session, please email Natalie Wareham at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be received by May 31, 2022.
There will be no refunds once you have received the materials.